Wood prices are stable and are unaffected by oil market swings and national economic trends. It’s an abundant renewable resource which can be obtained locally. Burning wood reduces our dependence on foreign oil and protects you from wild swings in the energy market. If energy independence interests you, than you should be serious about heating with wood.
When shopping for a stove take these questions into consideration:
1. Figure the square footage of the area you want to heat and talk with us about a stove that will heat that area.
2. Note the space configuration of the area to be heated. Is it fairly open? Or are there several walls and doorways? If the area isn’t relatively open, you may need to purchase some fans to help circulate the heated air. If your home has a central ventilation system, just turn the fan on, and the heat from your wood stove will circulate nicely.
3. If there is an existing chimney, we have certified chimney inspectors that can determine if its the proper size for the stove you are considering.
4. If there’s no existing chimney, our certified chimney installers can show you how to install a pre-fab chimney without damaging or adversely affecting the character of your home.
5. Will the heat output be satisfactory for you? You don’t want to overpower the room. So talk with AES, invite us to your house to make sure the stove you like will provide the comfortable heat output you desire.
6. Will the firebox accommodate the size of logs you will use?
7. Match the style of the wood stove with the decor of your room. Today’s wood stoves offer many options and finishes to suit your needs.
You’ll be satisfied with your choice of wood stoves if you give these points careful consideration.