This weekend, March 13-15, we will have a booth set up at the Franklin County Builder’s Show in Chambersburg, located in the former Sears Store. Hours are Friday 12-8, Saturday 10-8, and Sunday 11-4. Admission is $3 for adults, or $2 with a canned good. We hope to see you there!
The wind may be whistling, but we are thinking SPRING! The Garden Expo in Harrisburg is just around the corner, and we are excited to participate again this year. We hope you visit our booth to learn about awnings, see a sample of our maintenance-free poly outdoor furniture collection, check out some grills, or talk about fireplace design or stoves and inserts.
Don’t let winter weather stop you… Grilling makes meals fast, easy and saves on cleanup! Our full line of grills and smokers include
- Big Green Egg (grill, oven, smoker)
- Traeger Wood Pellet Grills
- Weber Gas, Charcoal and Electric Grills.
We also carry a full line of accessories, smoking chips, rubs, and sauces. They make the perfect hostess / host gift or add on!
Custom Fireplace, Stove or Insert Design
Whether you are looking for contemporary or classic, inside and out. The pprofessionals at AES can help you find the insert, free standing stove or fireplace design just for you.
- Visit us for ideas
- Come to our design centers and see our selections
- Knowledgeable staff ready to listen and make recommendations, and perform survey at your home to finalize design.
Cleanup Made Easy!
Our American made Warm Ash Vacuums make the job of cleaning ashes faster, safer and neater. No Mess truly says it all.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just Vacuum out your stove, fireplace or charcoal grill?
A compact heating machine, the Eurostar from Enerzone can heat up to 2400 sq. feet and maxes out at 50,000 BTU’s. The Eurostar features a modern/ contemporary look that, instead of being a sharp geometric cube, is softened by rounded edges and corners. The unit’s appearance can be customized with the choice of colored side panels (red, creme, or black) as well as the choice of door trim (brushed nickel, or cast iron black).
The Eurostar features a user friendly LCD control panel that slides from behind the unit to the side and allows the consumer to control how their unit will run. This panel also has a diagnostic tool for troubleshooting minor issues.
Maintenance of the unit is quick and easy with simple to remove panels that allow consumers to vacuum out any ash build-up that may be present. The ample ash pan is large without being cumbersome to empty and is easy to access. The Eurostar has a 70lb. hopper making trips with bags of pellets less frequent.
EPA certified and qualifying for a $300 Bio-Fuel Tax credit, this unit is easy on the wallet, the eyes, and the environment.
Through the month of August consumers can take $250 off of the retail price on a Eurostar or a Euromax pellet stove.
Now that its warming up, it’s time to have your wood stove and chimney thoroughly inspected. Most stoves have several things in common that must be taken care of. Here are some things AES Hearthplace checks for:
1. Clean the stove thoroughly. It’s a messy job, but we have the tools to handle it.
2. Worn Gasketing. AES can replace worn-out gasketing. Gaskets make the door airtight, enhancing the performance of your wood stove If you stove has a worn-out gasket or one that has come loose, the stove can get more combustion air than it was designed to handle. Your stove won’t burn as clean and you’ll use more fuel.
3. Does the door shut securely? It may need adjustment.
4. Draft Controls. AES can make sure the draft controls are operating properly. Creosote will clog the controls making them difficult to move or to get a good seal.
5. The Damper. AES will make sure it’s functioning properly.
6. Cracks. If you have a cast-iron stove, check for cracks in and between the castings. If you find some, we can probably repair them.
7. Thin spots. If you have a steel stove, you can check for thin spots by pressing firmly with the palm of your hand on any area that appears burned. If it’s thinning it will flex. If you discover a thin spot, its time to buy a new stove.
8. Rust. If you find rust, its possible to clean the rust off and repaint the stove, but you may as well look for a new stove.
9. Catalytic Unit. AES can remove and clean the catalytic unit. This should be done every year to prevent it from plugging allow it to function efficiently.
10. Cleaning the Glass Doors. New stoves have an “air wash system” that keeps the glass doors cleaner longer. For older stoves, or when you need to clean your glass doors, there are many great glass door cleaners on the market that will get rid of smoke stains and creosote from the glass. Just make sure the glass is cool before you clean or it may break.
11. Important for Wood stove Inserts – AES will check the insulation on the surrounds, these are the plates that seal the area between the outside of the insert and the face of the fireplace. If this insulation is worn, AES will replace it.
Wood prices are stable and are unaffected by oil market swings and national economic trends. It’s an abundant renewable resource which can be obtained locally. Burning wood reduces our dependence on foreign oil and protects you from wild swings in the energy market. If energy independence interests you, than you should be serious about heating with wood.
When shopping for a stove take these questions into consideration:
1. Figure the square footage of the area you want to heat and talk with us about a stove that will heat that area.
2. Note the space configuration of the area to be heated. Is it fairly open? Or are there several walls and doorways? If the area isn’t relatively open, you may need to purchase some fans to help circulate the heated air. If your home has a central ventilation system, just turn the fan on, and the heat from your wood stove will circulate nicely.
3. If there is an existing chimney, we have certified chimney inspectors that can determine if its the proper size for the stove you are considering.
4. If there’s no existing chimney, our certified chimney installers can show you how to install a pre-fab chimney without damaging or adversely affecting the character of your home.
5. Will the heat output be satisfactory for you? You don’t want to overpower the room. So talk with AES, invite us to your house to make sure the stove you like will provide the comfortable heat output you desire.
6. Will the firebox accommodate the size of logs you will use?
7. Match the style of the wood stove with the decor of your room. Today’s wood stoves offer many options and finishes to suit your needs.
You’ll be satisfied with your choice of wood stoves if you give these points careful consideration.